- Murder on Haycamp Mesa: Meth is believed to have played a role in the county’s first killing in 2018
- The cost of war: Legal battles are draining the coffers of San Juan County, Utah. Does bankruptcy loom?
- Don’t fence me in: Wild animals face increasing habitat fragmentation, but some land managers are trying to help
- Staking their claim: The Montezuma County commissioners pass a bold resolution, but what does it really mean?
- Renew director terminated after charges: Witnesses allege Beene took donations intended for the Second Chance thrift store
- Home at last: The Bridge Shelter is breaking ground on a new facility even as it scrambles to prepare for this winter
- Time to press ‘pause’ on pot?: The Cortez City Council is hearing calls for a moratorium on new retail marijuana outlets
- Allegations of elder abuse: The director of a Cortez nonprofit dedicated to helping the disabled is facing charges of theft, criminal exploitation of an at-risk person
- A perennial problem: When dealing with weeds, homeowners and managers must decide what’s worse — the plants or the chemicals
- Visiting with respect: As publicity draws more people to Bears Ears, a nonprofit opens an educational center
- “Will Work for Food”: Street people seem to be on the rise in Cortez. What are the causes and what can be done?