Make sure your primary vote matters
In 2016, Colorado voters approved Proposition 108 allowing unaffiliated voters to vote in Colorado primary elections without registering with a particular party. Unaffiliated voters receive two ballots in the primary and choose which primary in which they will participate. Only … Continue reading
A small group is working to support local teachers By Gail Binkly Overworked, overstressed, underappreciated, undervalued, and unrespected. That’s how many teachers are reportedly feeling across the country and in Montezuma-Cortez School District Re-1. To try to counter that, a … Continue reading
WHAT IS THE FREE PRESS?
A monthly publication delivering in-depth news, lively features, and thought-provoking columns on life in the Four Corners.
The Four Corners Free Press is an independent, alternative paper with real substance. Every month, we sink our teeth into meaty topics, providing in-depth, comprehensive news stories on important local and regional issues that affect our readers.
Here’s what you can find in the Four Corners Free Press:
- Thorough, balanced, in-depth news coverage by award-winning, experienced journalists who are familiar with the community and region.
- The liveliest Opinion section in the Four Corners, with a rotating group of columnists writing everything from serious political commentary to humor.
- A perennial readers' favorite: Our Crime Waves section describing local misdeeds. Crime Waves is available only in our print edition.
- A Health section with columns and articles on a variety of health and wellness topics.
- A comprehensive Arts & Entertainment section to tell our readers what’s going on in the Four Corners. We offer feature articles; reviews of books, music and movies; and calendars of cultural events, live music, and other happenings.
FOUR CORNERS FREE PRESS DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS
* K&C Trading Post, 161 E. Main
* Books, 124 Pinon
* Burger Boy Drive In, 400 E. Main
* Cliffrose, 27885 Highway 160
* Colorado Welcome Center, 928 E. Main
* Cortez Public Library
* Cortez Recreation Center, 425 Roger Smith Ave.
* Cortez Livestock Auction, 12129 Highway 491
* Cortez Municipal Airport
* El Grande Café, 28 E. Main
* IFA, 10501 Highway 491
* Johnson Building, 925 S. Broadway
* Kokopelli Bike & Board, 30 W. Main
* Once Upon a Sandwich, 1 W. Main
* Pippo's Cafe, 100 W. Main
* Post Office, 35 S. Beech
* Southwest Memorial Hospital
* Shear Shack Salon, 37 E. Main
* Silver Bean, 410 W. Main
* Sinclair Gas Station
* Spruce Tree Coffeehouse, 330 E. Main
* In front of Subway, 1835 E. Main
* The Farm Bistro, 18 E. Main
* Dolores Food Market, 400 Railroad Ave.
* Dolores River Brewery, 100 South 4th
* Ponderosa Restaurant, 108 South 8th
* Dove Creek Superette, 445 Hwy. 491
* Bread, 42 County Road 250
* Magpie Newsstand Cafe, 707 Main Ave.
* In front of El Rancho, 900 Block Main Ave.
* In front of Francisco's, 619 Main Ave.
* In front of Steamworks, 801 E. 2nd Ave.
* San Juan Regional Medical Center
* Absolute Bakery, 110 S. Main
* Fahrenheit Roasters, 201 W. Grand
* P&D Grocery, 280 E. Frontage Road
*San Juan Pharmacy
*Four Corners Inn
* Northern Navajo Medical Center