Sneak Peak: “Behind a closed door inside a new $2 million visitor center at Chaco Culture National Historical Park sits a room full of informational signs, empty display cases, mounts, and lights. People who ask about the mysterious exhibit are allowed inside, according to the park’s public information officer, but the room holds no artifacts of interest – no secrets of the past.” Under Wraps: Chaco had a beautiful space ready to showcase stunning artifacts. What went wrong?
A monthly publication delivering in-depth news, lively features, and thought-provoking columns on life in the Four Corners.
* K&C Trading Post, 161 E. MainCortez, CO
* Body by Design, 1040 Road 25
* Books, 124 Pinon
* Burger Boy Drive In, 400 E. Main
* Cliffrose, 27885 Highway 160
* Colorado Welcome Center, 928 E. Main
* Cortez Public Library
* Cortez Recreation Center, 425 Roger Smith Ave.
* Cortez Livestock Auction, 12129 Highway 491
* Cortez Municipal Airport
* El Grande Café, 28 E. Main
* HandyMart, 806 1/2 S. Broadway
* IFA, 10501 Highway 491
* Johnson Building, 925 S. Broadway
* Kokopelli Bike & Board, 30 W. Main
* Once Upon a Sandwich, 1 W. Main
* Pepperhead, 44 W. Main
* Post Office, 35 S. Beech
* Southwest Memorial Hospital
* Shear Shack Salon, 37 E. Main
* Silver Bean, 410 W. Main
*Sinclair Gas Station
* Spruce Tree Coffeehouse, 330 E. Main
* In front of Subway, 1835 E. Main
* The Farm Bistro, 18 E. MainDolores, CO
* Dolores Food Market, 400 Railroad Ave.
* Dolores River Brewery, 100 South 4th
* Ponderosa Restaurant, 108 South 8th
Dove Creek, CO
* Dove Creek Superette, 445 Hwy. 491
* Bread, 42 County Road 250
* Magpie Newsstand Cafe, 707 Main Ave.
* In front of El Rancho, 900 Block Main Ave.
* In front of Francisco’s, 619 Main Ave.
* In front of Steamworks, 801 E. 2nd Ave.
* San Juan Regional Medical Center
* Absolute Bakery, 110 S. Main
* Fahrenheit Roasters, 201 W. Grand
* P&D Grocery, 280 E. Frontage Road
*San Juan Pharmacy
*Four Corners Inn
* Northern Navajo Medical Center
The Four Corners Free Press is an independent, alternative paper with real substance. Every month, we sink our teeth into meaty topics, providing in-depth, comprehensive news stories on important local and regional issues that affect our readers.
Here’s what you can find in the Four Corners Free Press:
- Thorough, balanced, in-depth news coverage by award-winning, experienced journalists who are familiar with the community and region.
- The liveliest Opinion section in the Four Corners, with a rotating group of columnists writing everything from serious political commentary to humor.
- A perennial readers’ favorite: Our Crime Waves section describing local misdeeds. Crime Waves is available only in our print edition.
- A Health section with columns and articles on a variety of health and wellness topics.
- A comprehensive Arts & Entertainment section to tell our readers what’s going on in the Four Corners. We offer feature articles; reviews of books, music and movies; and calendars of cultural events, live music, and other happenings.
All contents copyrighted. No reprints of articles or photographs without permission.